Your mindset can make or break your business.
That’s a bold statement, but there is a lot of truth behind it. Your money mindset can either help you succeed or push you down into self-sabotaging. Your mindset influences your financial actions or inaction. It either helps you generate and keep money or it can keep you in a constant cycle of chaos.
One critical aspect of your business’s success is your thoughts toward money. By developing a positive money mindset you will be able to work through challenges that come up (and let’s face it…as entrepreneurs that can happen quite often), invite in abundance, and create a successful business.
I’m here to tell you that it is 100% possible to shift your mindset from a source of stress and worry to one of abundance, confidence, and empowerment and it all starts with your money mindset.
So how do we create a positive money mindset? With these 4 tips!
Understanding Money Mindset
Money should be a tool for growth and success, rather than a source of stress or anxiety. If you are constantly in a negative headspace about your numbers, your outcome is bound to be less than what you want. Think about other times you have been in a negative space…did you get what you were wanting? More than likely not.
By developing a positive mindset, you will create a way of thinking that will bring you change with clear results. You will be more likely to take calculated risks, invest in ways that will grow your business, and be able to make clear financial decisions. Once you can make decisions without stress or worry you will see it being a lot easier to attract opportunities and abundance into your business.
By making this shift in your mindset you are also opening yourself up to the opportunity of receiving wealth and prosperity. Imagine what it will feel like knowing your bills are covered at the end of the month. You will be able to set yourself up for long-term financial success that will last and won’t cause you stress month-to-month.
Looking at Your Negative Beliefs and How to Overcome Them
To develop this positive mindset you first need to take a hard look at what your negative beliefs are. A lot of people often develop limiting beliefs around money. These beliefs can be set by relatives, friends, co-workers, social norms, past experiences, or from your personal life.
Maybe this is something you have heard before or say to yourself:
- “I can either do what I love OR make money”
- “Money doesn’t buy happiness”
- “You need money to make money”
- “My family isn’t rich”
- “I am always broke”
- “Money is the root of all evil”
There are SO many limiting beliefs and ways to talk negatively about money. If you are constantly surrounded by these messages, of course, you will start to believe them! Recognizing what thoughts come to mind for you and then replacing them with a positive affirmation will help you challenge those thoughts over time.
Change those thoughts to:
- “It IS possible to do what I love AND make money”
- “I will use my money as a tool to build a life I love”
- “I will use the money I do have and I will start from where I am at”
- “My family’s money does not affect my money”
- “I am working every day to build the wealth I envision”
- “Money is a tool that I can use for good”
Growing up money was simply something we did NOT talk about. It was a taboo subject and not talking about it affected my beliefs as I grew up. It is something that I continually work on every day. It takes time and work to overcome these negative beliefs, but the first step to changing those thoughts is recognizing them.
Setting SMART Financial Goals
You are now well on your way to creating a positive mindset. However, the work doesn’t stop there. You need to come up with a plan to use these new positive thoughts and put them into action. This includes setting SMART goals. SMART goals help you break down a big goal into smaller parts to reduce the feeling of overwhelm. They also keep you focused on what it is you want to achieve.
SMART goals are:
- Specific. Get specific on what your goal is. The more specific the better. Take time to really figure out why you are wanting to create a positive mindset around money.
- Measurable. Create a goal that can be measured so you can see results. Look into the ways you will measure your success.
- Achievable. Is your goal realistic or attainable? Make sure you set yourself up for success with the tools and skills you need to achieve your goal.
- Realistic. Your goal needs to be realistic. You won’t be able to stay focused or motivated if you have set a goal that simply is impossible to reach.
- Timely. Be clear and stick to the time frame that you would like to reach your goal. Creating a timeframe that is realistic and attainable will keep you focused on your goals.
Joining a Community of Like-Minded Entrepreneurs
I’m sure you have heard this quote before, “You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” – Jim Rohn
It’s no mystery why this is such a popular quote. Surrounding yourself with like-minded entrepreneurs will help you create the positive money mindset that you are looking for. This might include hiring a business coach, a financial coach, a mentor, a friend to support you along the way, or a community created for like-minded entrepreneurs.
Your money should make you feel empowered, sassy, and sexy. I have helped clients worldwide take control of their numbers and feel empowered by them. We’ve worked together to develop a plan, know where their money is going, and end the financial chaos in their business. I know it can be scary to open up your finances to someone, but I promise zero judgment, positive results, and sassy and sexy numbers working with me.